Benedictine Daily Prayer provides an everyday edition of the Divine Office for people who desire to pray with the church in a simple manner. Based on fifteen hundred years of liturgical prayer within the Benedictine monastic tradition, Benedictine Daily Prayer offers a rich diet of classic office hymnody, psalmody, and Scripture.
This fully revised edition includes:
- A more user-friendly layout
- A new organization for the Office of Vigils, structured on a two-week cycle
- Daily Offices also arranged on a two-week cycle
- Patristic readings for each Sunday
- Concluding prayers for the daily and seasonal offices
- Slightly taller format
Benedictine Daily Prayer is designed for all who pray in the monastic tradition including Benedictine oblates and Benedictine monastics. Small enough to fit in a briefcase for travel, it is arranged by date. Scripture readings are from the NRSV.
Title: Benedictine Daily Prayer: A Short Breviary (Second Edition)
Editor: Maxwell E. Johnson and the Monks of Saint John's Abbey
Publisher: Liturgical Press