top of page
Walsingham Card

Walsingham Card

  • PUBLISHER: Colcards
    CODE: WAL11
    INSIDE:  Blank
    SIZE: 16.5cm X 15.5cm
    SINGLE CARD - Embossed and fine card

    Images from the collection of vestments at the Shrine Church.
    The story of Walsingham begins in 1061, when the Lady of the Manor, Richeldis de Faverches had a vision of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
    Richeldis built a small wooden shrine, and pilgrims who started coming to Walsingham found that they could pray better there and many of their prayers were answered.
    Miraculous healing and blessings happened to many, who with faith drank the spring waters of the local well.
    The present Shrine Church was built in 1931 on land donated by Sir William Milner, an architect who greatly contributed to the revival of the Walsingham Shrine int he 20th century.
    Beautifully embossed card.

bottom of page